Other Dioceses and Allen Hall
Allen Hall is the seminary of the Diocese of Westminster, but also welcomes seminarians from other dioceses. In recent years, seminarians from dioceses including Cardiff, Nottingham, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Leeds, Glasgow, Aberdeen,Lancaster, Oslo and Helsinki have have been in formation here.
Sometimes a seminarian will spend the whole time of his priestly formation at Allen Hall, returning to his home diocese for holidays and for his summer placements. In other cases a seminarian might study philosophy for two years at Allen Hall before moving on to another seminary situation for theological studies, or the other way round. Either way, the seminarian benefits from the whole formation process at Allen Hall, while still being formed for the particular pastoral situation of his home diocese.
- Flexible formation programme.
- Long experience of working with a seminarians from different dioceses both in England and Wales and abroad.
- Supportive seminary community.
- Strong academic links through Heythrop College leading to theology degrees for seminarians.
- Convenient location in Chelsea, close to central London.
If you are from another diocese and would like more information about how your seminarians could join Allen Hall, please contact the Rector.